Welcome to Curious Cloud! Enjoy reading my blog about different topics I am curious about, share your thoughts, and vote in the polls related to newest blog posts. Please, let me know what you're curious about too, and I may feature it as a future blog topic.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Does the Machine Define the Power User?

10 years ago, I'm designing away on a PowerMac G4, and I never would consider using anything less. Today, my workstation is compacted into a smaller and cheaper iMac, and it's more than able to get the job done. Not to mention, my iPhone is quickly becoming my primary computer for all my daily tasks. This made me wonder if I'm losing my power user status, or maybe this is just the way the industry is going. Are smaller machines becoming the norm even for the power user? Share you thoughts.

UPDATE: Poll Results 9/10/10 - 9/17/10

Do you consider yourself a power user?

83% Yes
16% No
00% What's a power user?
00% Meh

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought of "power user" as someone who can use their tools effectively. The word "power" in the phrase doesn't refer to needing a Ferrari to get anything done.

    If you can get everything you need to do done efficiently with just the iPhone, all the more power to you.

    ReplyDelete